Week 2: Lemon Shark

Dried, sealed, and ready to go.

I know, I know, I'm cutting it close for week 2, but I just barely made it.

Still drying.

So I was scrolling through Etsy one day looking for marine biology themed items to buy with a birthday gift card from my Aunt and Parrain, and out of nowhere the idea for a lemon shark painting popped into my head.  I ran back to my room, grabbed my sketchbook, and made a very quick sketch of what I was thinking of.

The original sketch.

I tried to make a cool timelapse video of me painting it, but my phone kept running out of space, so I only have painting the body and doing the shading, and once it finishes processing, I'll make sure to put it here. Once this dries, I will be sealing it and listing it on my Etsy, which can be found here.






And now for the money bit.

Ok, so the cost for this project was only one bottle of paint, but this is probably the last week that JoAnn's would physically have Christmas stuff in store, so I bought a few things I figured I could either save for Christmas crafts later this year, or just generically throughout the year. So I did technically make this under budget, but since I bought other stuff that'll hopefully keep some numbers low later, I threw that in too.

What I had:
  • Most paint
  • Canvas
  • Brushes
  • Sealant
  • Hanging hardware
What I bought for this project:
  • Neon Yellow paint, originally $0.99, 40% off coupon, paid $0.60
What I bought this week:
  • 4pk white taper candles, originally $7, 75% discount, paid $1.74
  • Red cord, originally $2, 75% discount, paid $0.49
  • Silver cord, originally $2, 75% discount, paid $0.49
  • Black cotton remnant, originally $1.50, 70% discount, paid $0.45
Total spent: $3.77

Week 2 budget: $1.92
Week 2 spent: $3.77
Week 2 leftover: -$1.85

January budget: $8.33
January spent: $10.57
January leftover: -$2.24

Year budget: $100
Year spent: $10.57
Year left: $89.43

So it looks like I will most definitely not be spending anything for the rest of this month, and hopefully won't be for most of next month as well.  It's ok, since next week I plan to revisit and revamp a Halloween costume I made last year, and after that, hopefully I'll be able to work some on some more whale shark pouches that I haven't touched in a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6: Remnant Rumble Part 1: Pink Paillette Top and Cinderella Skirt

Week 7: Remnant Rumble Part 2: Mardi Gras