Week 1: Corset

It's a good thing I already made something last week since I didn't think of starting this blog until week 2.
One for the sewing bucket list.
So my project for week 1 was assembling a corset that I first thought of about a year and a half ago.  I won't go into a lot of detail here since I did make a dedicated video on it.



Long story short, I already had the fabric cut out, but an illness put this project on the backburner since June 2016.  I knew I wanted to go ahead and finish it, mostly to get that fabric out of my stash so I can start to slim that down.

What I had:

  • Fabric (Main, lining, and interfacing)
  • Thread
  • Plastic boning
  • Eyelets
  • Busk
What I bought:
  • Ribbon, originally $4, had a 50% off one item coupon, paid $2
  • Cord, originally $8, had a 40% off regular price coupon, paid $4.80
Total cost: $6.80

Week 1 Budget: $1.92
Week 1 Spent: $6.80
Week 1 Leftover: -$4.88

January Budget: $8.33
January Spent: $6.80
January Leftover: $1.53

Year Budget: $100
Year Spent: $6.80
Year Left: $93.20

So, I went way over my project budget, but considering I wasn't thinking of that at all, I'm not upset. Since I'm writing this post from the future, I already know justifying my spending for week 2 will be a little rough, but you'll just have to wait and hear me out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Lemon Shark

Week 6: Remnant Rumble Part 1: Pink Paillette Top and Cinderella Skirt

Week 7: Remnant Rumble Part 2: Mardi Gras