Week 9: Coffin Painting

So way back in November of 2016, I was cast as Morticia Addams in my college drama club's production of The Addams Family Musical.

In order to get myself in the mood of the piece, I got myself some really cheap coffins from Michael's when I was at home fleeing Hurricane Matthew, and I figured I could paint them and store my jewelry in them and just generally have them by my station in the dressing room and it would be cute and all that.



As you can probably guess, that never happened, and I've been using these coffins to store my bobbins.  I finally got around to painting one of them for this week.



I was going for a "burial at sea" kind of theme, which is why I used the greens and added the octopus. I sealed it with a clear gloss that I had lying around, and was left with another no-cost project.




Yeah, everything's pretty self-explanatory, and I like how this one came out!



What I had:

Coffin
Paint
Clear Gloss
Paintbrushes

What I bought:


Week 9 budget: $1.92
Week 9 spent: $0
Week 9 leftover: $1.92

March budget: $8.33
March spent: $0
March leftover: $8.33

Year budget: $100
Year spent: $14.95
Year left: $85.05


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7: Remnant Rumble Part 2: Mardi Gras

Week 2: Lemon Shark

Week 6: Remnant Rumble Part 1: Pink Paillette Top and Cinderella Skirt